Friday, February 24, 2012

Who's your dream travel companion?


I got asked this little chestnut recently: who would you travel with, past or present, given the choice. I thought back to the past -- I once answered this with Crazy Horse -- but decided pretty much all historical figures smelled bad. So the choice was easy, as I wrote for BBC.com/travel: Urban Meyer, the new Ohio State football coach. Here's why:
I’ve watched football all my life, and I’m not short of opinions on what teams need to do on third and fourth on their own 38-yard line with 4:51 to go in the third quarter. But I really know nothing about all those cute terms of formations and philosophies coaches talk about. And no one knows more than Urban.
Here's why I picked Germany with clarinets as the type of trip we'd take.

No comments:

Post a Comment