Wednesday, August 11, 2010

How to Fly Right


A few years ago, on a flight from Magadan to Vladivostok, Russia, a couple thin, well-dressed Russians in suits looked across the aisle to me, one shook a vodka bottle and asked 'you drink with us' -- no question mark intended.

After a few shots on the flight, we landed and I watched the two exit first and proceed to immigration, where they turned on their heels and began checking documentation. After clearing me, a trio with vodka breath, they offered me a ride into town in their SUV.

Never know who you'll meet on planes.

It was a rather different story for the ex-JetBlue flight attendant Steven Slater, who is getting his fair share of high-fives around the travel community for sliding into airline history.

Here's my take on how NOT to enrage your flight attendant for CNN.com today.

The photo above is of a cargo plane that wrecked in Manitoba; no one was killed.

No comments:

Post a Comment